Sunday 26 October 2014

The Vegan Kind



So last Thursday this gorgeous little box landed in my post! And yes, I am not ashamed to admit that most of the contents have already been scoffed...look at the packet of chocolate raspberries...I couldn't even wait until I'd taken a photo before tearing them open and gobbling half.

If you've not heard about The Vegan Kind, they're a wonderful monthly lifestyle/beauty subscription box for us vegans (and everyone else too!) Each month you get a great selection of vegan products, from tasty treats to cosmetics and cleaning supplies. 
They currently have two types of box; a monthly lifestyle box (this is the one I received) and the beauty box which is every 3 months.

If you are new to the vegan world then this is a great way to test out lots of different products to find out which ones you love. Becoming vegan can sometimes feel daunting, and if you're unsure which companies are cruelty free or which brands are vegan friendly, be it food or other products, I would definitely recommend The Vegan Kind.
If however you're like me, and you have been vegan for a while now and are well informed about vegan products, then this is still a great way to try out new products that are coming onto the market that you might not have heard about. I can sometimes get stuck in a routine of always buying the same stuff, I do my food shop and come back with the same type of vegan this or that. But having a bunch of new produce landing in your life every month shakes things up a bit, and it's exciting! It's like a big present, full of goodies for you to 'ooh' and 'ahh' over. 
You also get a lovely little recipe card in each box, and I don't know about you, but I am always welcoming new vegan recipes into my kitchen.


Inside this box I received;
Angelic Gluten Free Double Chocolate Cookies
These were very tasty, as a keen baker I never usually buy cookies, I always bake them, so I didn't know how I was going to get on with them. But since they were gluten free as well, they were surprisingly moreish. Although I would call them biscuits, rather than cookies, because of their crunchy texture. 

Howdah Onion Bhajis
Ooooooh well these were rather gorgeous. They reminded me of a bhaji flavoured wotsit. Me and T devoured them in about 30 seconds.

Premae Skincare Triumph Creme Balm
Soft and buttery with a lovely gentle fragrance. Not greasy or slimy.  

Landgarten Organic Dark Chocolate Covered Raspberries 
These were my favourite in the box! A really simple idea but sooo amazing and tastes SO GOOD. Just a little raspberry...smothered in dark chocolate....bite sized pieces of heaven.

Nom Organic Oat Bar 
Again, if I'm craving a flapjack-y thing, I'd just whip up a batch. So I have to admit I didn't get round to trying this one until yesterday. I left it in my bag thinking I'd probably get hungry one day when I'm out and about and low and behold I did! I was shopping you see, for Halloween party supplies, which can really take it out of a girl. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, it was soft and crumbly and sweet and soooo not like some other brands where they're all dry and tasteless. This is one I'll definitely buy again, they'd be good for taking to festivals or on long train trips.

I hope you all go and check out The Vegan Kind, they really are wonderful, and I love that 10p from every box goes to they chosen animal charity of the month.


Happy eating! x







No comments: